[Peace-discuss] Champaign and Urbana libraries to have their own joint catalog -- so you can keep track of the books you have checked out

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 07:56:38 CDT 2011

["the new catalog will let you save lists of books you’ve read"
YIKES!!!! Tthis is the worst thing the two local libraries could be
doing. It is my opinion it is best that that libraries NOT keep
information that the FBI or NSA could request from them. -karen
medina]

Champaign and Urbana Libraries Plan Joint Catalog

The Urbana Free Library and Champaign Public Library are joining
together to create their own library catalog, bringing CU residents an
easier way to find materials from the two libraries they use most.

The catalog will launch in December. Patrons will still be able to
borrow from the Illinois Heartland Library System, but having our own
catalog will help us be more responsive to our patron needs. For
example, the new catalog will let you save lists of books you’ve read
— or books you want to read — a feature many have asked for. Our
library is also planning a convenient new option to use your cell
phone to check out items as you take them off the shelf, and a mobile
app so you can use the catalog and check your due dates on the go.
Watch for more details coming soon.