[Peace-discuss] NYT: Hello, Illinois? Your Congressman Is on the Line

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Tue Apr 24 22:33:25 UTC 2012

Missing from the article is the ironic epilogue that Tim Johnson's
vacated seat
will likely pass to a meretricious political hack appointed by the
Republican mafioso.

Highly unlikely that the ideology of the new candidate selected from the
Illinois Republican Party will resemble that of Tim Johnson.  The
Republican party is a independent organization roughly bound by
regulations established by the Election Board, an Election Board that is
the puppet of the established two parties.  The Republican party is not
in any way, shape, or form bound to nor responsive to the voters, as it
lies outside the system, where it can select candidates independent of
any irritating vox populi.  There is no direct accountablity to voters.

The bait-and-switch of the impending reality check is quite a twist from
the fantastic constituent driven process implied by the article.