[Peace-discuss] 13th IL Cong. Dist & US war in the Mideast

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Thu Aug 2 12:43:29 UTC 2012

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/08/01/house_and_senate_pass_iran_sanctions_bill

I don't really expect any announcement from David Gill on how he would have voted on this AIPAC bill - he's quite chary of actually saying anything on foreign policy issues - but it's worth noting that our incumbent Congressman Tim Johnson joined Reps. Kucinich and Paul and three other anti-war Republicans in voting against this nasty bit of war-mongering.

I suspect that Gill in Congress would have voted for this bill on the usual lie - "Obama's trying to avoid war" - which Kucinich and Paul rightly treat with contempt; whether David Gill or Rodney Davis becomes our next Congressman, it seems we will have lost our reliable vote against the Bush-Obama-Romney war policy.

--CGE