[Peace-discuss] Manning update, Ellsberg petition @ 12, 000, solidarity w/ Wikileaks

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 02:05:39 UTC 2012

Armchair activists can make a difference, too...

--- On Thu, 8/9/12, Bradley Manning Support Network <contact-bmsn at bradleymanning.org> wrote:

August speaking event postponed, statement of solidarity with Wikileaks, Daniel Ellsberg petition reaches 12,000

#yiv1647932426 .yiv1647932426button a {
border-top:1px solid #96d1f8;background:#65a9d7;padding:7.5px 15px;text-shadow:0 1px 0;color:white;font-size:28px;font-family:Georgia, Serif;text-decoration:none;vertical-align:middle;}
#yiv1647932426 .yiv1647932426button:hover a {
border-top-color:#28597a;background:#28597a;color:#ccc;}
#yiv1647932426 .yiv1647932426button:active a {
border-top-color:#1b435e;background:#1b435e;}
#yiv1647932426 .yiv1647932426curvebox {
width:70%;border-style:solid;border-width:2px;margin:auto;}
#yiv1647932426 .yiv1647932426darkgrey {
font-family:Arial;font-size:18px;line-height:100%;text-align:left;color:#505050;}
#yiv1647932426 p, #yiv1647932426 ul, #yiv1647932426 li, #yiv1647932426 td {
color:#505050;font-family:Arial;}
#yiv1647932426 h2 {
text-align:center;}
#yiv1647932426 td p {
color:#505050;font-family:Arial;}

August speaking event moved to October, statement of solidarity with WikiLeaks, Daniel Ellsberg’s petition reaches 12,000

Is this email not displaying correctly?
 View it in your browser.

To defend Bradley, we must educate
the public about WikiLeaks
In order to undo any confusion that may have been caused by recent media reports, the Bradley Manning Support Network has written the following open letter clarifying our position in regards to the whistle-blower website WikiLeaks.
By the Bradley Manning Support Network Steering Committee. August 3, 2012.
The Bradley Manning Support Network is singularly devoted to freeing heroic whistle-blower PFC Bradley Manning and countering the military’s secretive and aggressive efforts to lock him in jail for life. We’re exceptionally proud to have accepted the responsibility of ensuring Bradley gets the fully funded legal defense of his choosing. That has been an incredible challenge as his trial drags on for over two years.
We are thankful to the many individuals and organizations that have worked to raise awareness around Bradley Manning’s plight, including the whistle-blower website WikiLeaks. And we’re also proud of our role in advocating for WikiLeaks in the public discourse, as educating the public about WikiLeaks is a fundamental part of ensuring Bradley’s actions are understood.
Read more...

Donate now to the Bradley Manning defense fund.
For more information about the defense fund
click here.

August motion hearing update:
 speaking event rescheduled
We have been notified that the next motion hearing will no longer address the illegal torture of Bradley Manning during his pretrial confinement.
As such the August 26th speaking event with David Coombs and special guest speakers has been rescheduled to late September. A hearing will still occur on the 27th, and supporters will be holding a vigil outside Fort Meade. Contact bailey at bradleymanning.org for information about attending.

The government has not announced what will be covered during the August 27th motion hearing. Motivated to restore some government accountability and transparency, supporters will be holding a vigil in support of Bradley Manning outside the gates of Fort Meade, the military base where Bradley Manning is being tried. We encourage everyone to attend, take notes, and share what you witness. No recording devices are allowed in the court room, just pen and paper. But the government has no plans to release transcripts of these motion hearings and without the public taking note, there would be little record of these proceedings!
Attending Bradley's hearings

Daniel Ellsberg petition reaches 12,000 signatures. Please sign and share!
 Sign the new petition to free Bradley Manning, endorsed by Daniel Ellsberg and Center for Constitutional Rights.

By the Bradley Manning Support Network. August 8, 2012.
In just one week, more than 12,000 of you (and counting) have signed Daniel Ellsberg’s petition calling on Judge Lind and President Obama to free whistle-blower Bradley Manning. This sent the petition to the top of Avaaz’s community petition page, bringing more spotlight to the heroic Army intelligence analyst who sought to expose crime, abuse, and corruption to the American people.
This is great progress – yet we can and must do much more. Last year, more than 500,000 supporters signed the petition demanding an end to Bradley’s torture in Quantico. That signaled to the military that an international coalition would not tolerate the abuse any longer, and Bradley was moved to better conditions at Ft. Leavenworth shortly thereafter.
Read more...

Donate now to the Bradley Manning defense fund.
For more information about the defense fund
click here.

Thank you for supporting Bradley Manning.

 follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
view email in browser