[Peace-discuss] Gracias, Ecuador!!

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 16 16:33:03 UTC 2012

Exactly. The Obama administration is the most repressive toward free speech since the First World War.

That's not an abstract comparison. Obama has already used Wilson's draconian Espionage Act (which is about suppressing political opinions, not spying) at least a half dozen times against journalists - more than twice as often as it was used in all the years between its passage, in 1917, and Obama's inauguration. Obama's violations of the Constitution here should be added to the list that includes assassination (even of American citizens) and claims of the power of indefinite detention without trial.

What will it take to restore the Constitution in the US? --CGE