[Peace-discuss] [Peace] AWARE not at Farmer's Mkt this week / stop by and talk to CUCPJ about jail issue

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Fri Aug 17 14:04:40 UTC 2012

This is unfortunate if unavoidable. (I'm one of the unavailable staff.)

The administration is doing all it can, with the cooperation of the corporate media, to suppress information about its ongoing killing. (See the remarkable attempts this week to coerce the British and Swedish governments to help silence accounts of what it's doing, via Wikileaks and Julian Assange.) AWARE's job, for more than ten years, has been to describe to our local community the crimes that the Bush/Obama government - and its racist client state in the Mideast - is committing in our name. We need to continue to look for effective ways to do that.

One of the first things to do is to dismiss the distraction of the presidential election. "Voting for reform-minded candidates should take about five minutes, and then we go back to the important work on the ground to change the conditions in which the mostly farcical election process proceeds" [Chomsky].  --CGE