[Peace-discuss] the man who invented plastic saved my soul

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Mon Dec 3 04:15:54 UTC 2012

(Line from the folk song "Plastic Jesus")

The congressional aides tell me that the letters from the constituents
are generally not read.

There are too many of them, and like Dick Cheney says, Government can't
be blown
off course by the winds of public opinion.

People will rally around those ideas that resonate with ideas they are
already in possession of.
It's difficult to get people willing to make sacrifices for causes that
they dont know anything about
or dont care about.

Since  there is no draft, and the war is in a faraway land, and the
effect of the war on the economy
can be considered ambiguous (by some), there isn't any good reason for
people to get excited about
stopping the war.

The antiwar voices in congress have been silenced.  Ron Paul is
retired.  Kucinich is out.  TJohnson is out.
Rand Paul is a neo-con after the order of Lindsey Graham et al.

Opposing the war seems to be a noble cause, but progressives seem more
interested in issues that affect them directly
than in noble causes.  Paleo-cons are likewise distracted by issues like
taxes, which makes them vulnerable to criticism from
the left who want to give something to the bottom end of the society.
Libertarians are hardly a force to be reckoned with.
Left Liberals seem more interested in protecting their sexual
peccadillos and immoralities and baby-killing than in some lofty
goal like stopping the war.

The violent come to a violent end.  Without the shedding of blood there
is no remission of sin.  There is going to
bloodshed and a violent and bloody revolution eventually.  The
equivalent of a 2x4 applied with vigour is the only
thing that the Cheneys and Roves and Obamas can really understand.  I
really dont want any part of that violence myself
and I prefer some peaceful resolution to a violent revolution.

Those who make peaceful evolution impossible, make violent revolution
inevitable.  This applies not only to the powers that
be in the government but also to the various leaders and "prophets" of
the various factions that oppose war and the government that wages war.
The teapartiers and the progressives and the anti-racist groups and the
motley crowd of non-leaders of Occupy are all more interested
in opposing one another than they are in opposing their real enemies.

There needs to be a major change in organizations and in tactics.