[Peace-discuss] how about a Durbin letter to President Obama on new CIA chief and drone strike policy?

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 5 12:47:53 UTC 2012

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/12/04/92_senators_vote_to_require_pentagon_to_report_on_syria_military_options

"...Hill staffers told The Cable that the unusually high support for the amendment was indicative of the Senate's frustration with both the quantity and quality of the information the administration was sharing regarding how much Pentagon has planned for military contingencies inside Syria..."

This amendment was a critique of the administration for not being belligerent enough in Syria (!), by the worst neocons - McCain, Lieberman et al. So the no vote by Durbin - Obama's fp boy in the Senate - was a defense of Obama's thoroughly objectionable war policy. Opposition to that policy, such as it is, came only from the paleocon- & libertarian-infected - who as Wayne points out all fell in line on passage.

--CGE