[Peace-discuss] Fw: Join the December 10th Day of Action on the Budget Showdown!

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Wed Dec 5 14:23:27 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Naomi Demsas
To: lisa at jwj.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 3:00 PM
Subject: Join the December 10th Day of Action on the Budget Showdown!

Dear JWJ Staff and Leaders,

Every night on the news, we hear about the looming fiscal cliff - and that the only way to avert disaster is to pass a "grand bargain."  Let's be clear - this grand bargain is a grand swindle because it continues to balance the deficit on the backs of workers, the poor, seniors, people with disabilities and children while corporations and the wealthy run away with billions.

Across the country, unions, community groups, faith organizations, and beyond are standing up to say - Fair Deal or No Deal.   As part of our Caring Across Generations campaign in which we are working to "protect what we have earned and create what we need," Jobs with Justice joins this growing movement.  We know that a "grand bargain" is NOT the only solution; that corporations and the wealthy can pay higher taxes, the government can create jobs, and our working and middle class communities do not have to continue to face massive cuts to the little economic security we have left.

As many of you know, December 10th is a national day of action to urge our Senators to stand firm on raising taxes on the wealthy while protecting Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security.   Actions will be organized across the country - and many more are needed!

Please contact lisa at jwj.org for more information on joining an action or support in planning one.   Please also let us know if you are already planning one.

We have attached some talking points and a good state-by-state analysis can be found here:
http://www.aflcio.org/Get-Involved/Protect-Our-Future/State-by-State-Impact-of-Federal-Budget-Debate

In addition, an action toolkit will be posted soon to the website!

THANK YOU!

Lisa Adler

Caring Across Generations Campaign Organizer

Jobs with Justice/American Rights at Work

Cell: (404) 567-9451

www.caringacrossgenerations.org
www.facebook.com/caringacrossgenerations