[Peace-discuss] We can't say we didn't know

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Thu Dec 13 01:13:36 UTC 2012

"...It was the American people who supported the warfare/welfare state because they, the American people, received direct and indirect benefit from American Imperialism..."

Those benefits are so skewed, so concentrated in a fraction of 1% of the population, that I think it's more accurate to concentrate on the "manufacture of consent" for US imperialism. The American people have been massively hoodwinked.

If the US instead had produced a just economic order in the 20th century - one not based on imperialism - the American people would have profited, literally and figuratively, much more.

--CGE