[Peace-discuss] "How America the world's most violent country slaughters children at home and abroad"

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Wed Dec 19 13:10:58 UTC 2012

<http://stopwar.org.uk/index.php/usa-war-on-terror/2130-how-the-worlds-most-violent-country-slaughters-children-at-home-and-abroad>

...Since World War II, the United States engaged in over fifty military operations abroad killing some four million people (Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Iraq, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Grenada, Panama, the list goes on). If you add in to that total massacres by proxies and surrogates, the number [approaches] five million (Indonesia, Chile, Guatemala, and elsewhere)..."

...We are the only country in the world seemingly perpetually at war. In 2011-2012 alone, the United States was killing people in nine different countries: Iraq and Afghanistan with troops, Libya with rockets, Somalia, Pakistan, and Yemen with drones, Honduras with raids against drug cartels, the Philippines with air support against insurgents, and most recently in Kenya as 150 Special forces started their operations. No other country in the world can boast of so many military involvements...

...retreat from our aspirations of empire and global hegemony, close down our military operations, and bring our vast armies and armadas home —over 400,000 Americans at last count stationed in almost 1,000 overseas military bases.

Russia has ten overseas military bases. China none.

###