[Peace-discuss] MoveOn petition in support of war skeptic Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Dec 19 19:21:56 UTC 2012

Reportedly, Obama's first choice for Secretary of Defense is former
Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, who was a sharp critic of the Iraq war,
wants to end the war in Afghanistan, has publicly trashed the idea of war
with Iran, and signed a letter initiated by Henry Siegman calling for the
US to try to engage Hamas.

Surprise! You Know Who is organizing a Swift Boat campaign on Hagel.

So, I'm trying to get people engaged on the other side.

One tool for doing so: I set up a community petition at Signon.org. The
hope, among other things, is to get some liberal Democrats engaged who may
be so-so on the idea of engagement with Hamas but are down with the idea
that the President should get to pick the person that he wants.

http://signon.org/sign/back-obama-in-tapping-1?source=c.url&r_by=1135580

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director