[Peace-discuss] Bradley Manning Defense contributions matched 1-1 thru Dec 31st!!

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 21:51:15 UTC 2012

Give what you can to this worthy cause.

--- On Sun, 12/23/12, Bradley Manning Support Network <contact-bmsn at bradleymanning.org> wrote:

#yiv1313162521 .yiv1313162521button a {
border-top:1px solid #96d1f8;background:#65a9d7;padding:7.5px 15px;text-shadow:0 1px 0;color:white;font-size:28px;font-family:Georgia, Serif;text-decoration:none;vertical-align:middle;}
#yiv1313162521 .yiv1313162521button:hover a {
border-top-color:#28597a;background:#28597a;color:#ccc;}
#yiv1313162521 .yiv1313162521button:active a {
border-top-color:#1b435e;background:#1b435e;}
#yiv1313162521 .yiv1313162521curvebox {
width:70%;border-style:solid;border-width:2px;margin:auto;}
#yiv1313162521 .yiv1313162521darkgrey {
font-family:Arial;font-size:18px;line-height:100%;text-align:left;color:#505050;}
#yiv1313162521 p, #yiv1313162521 ul, #yiv1313162521 li, #yiv1313162521 td {
color:#505050;font-family:Arial;}
#yiv1313162521 h2 {
text-align:center;}
#yiv1313162521 td p {
color:#505050;font-family:Arial;}

Donations matched one to one until Dec. 31st. Report from the hearing into unlawful pretrial punishment.

Donations matched 1-1 until Dec. 31st. More on Bradley Manning's unlawful pretrial punishment.

Is this email not displaying correctly?

View it in your
browser.

Keep Bradley in your heart during the holidays. Until December 31st, all donations will be matched one to one! (up to a total of $10,000).
Please donate and help Bradley's legal defense during these critical months before the court martial in March.

Bradley Manning takes the stand and puts military captors on trial

Bradley's lawyer David Coombs during his Dec. 3rd presentation, thanking supporters who he affectionally calls "the truth battalion". All donations will be matched one-to-one until the end of December! (up to $10,000)
Spanning nearly three weeks and comprising more than a dozen witnesses, the Article 13 hearing on the defense’s motion to dismiss all charges based on unlawful punishment was PFC Bradley Manning’s longest pretrial hearing yet. The defense has moved to throw out all charges against the WikiLeaks whistleblower, arguing that the military violated the UCMJ’s Article 13, which prohibits pretrial punishment.
Through testimony from prison guards, high-ranking military officials, and Bradley himself, defense lawyer David Coombs chronicled Bradley’s eleven months in solitary confinement, focusing on the nine months in the Quantico Marine brig, from July 29, 2010, through April 20, 2011.
Earlier in July, three-star General George Flynn emailed the Quantico chain of command, notifying officials of Bradley’s impending arrival and explaining that he believed Bradley was a suicide risk. When Manning got to the brig, he was evaluated and determined to need only medium security. But the Duty Brig Supervisor, likely influenced by Gen. Flynn’s directive, overrode that determination and placed Manning on Suicide Risk (SR) watch. From then on, Manning was on SR or Prevention of Injury (POI) watch for throughout his imprisonment at Quantico. Gen. Flynn was updated weekly on Manning’s treatment.
At Quantico Bradley was in a 6x8 ft cell for 23 hours a day, got only 20 minutes of sunshine daily for his first six months, had to eat alone in his cell, wore metal shackles on his arms and legs whenever he left it, couldn’t talk to other detainees, was monitored verbally every few minutes and visually around the clock, and had to ask guards to use books, soap, or even toilet paper.
Read more...

Donate now to the Bradley
Manning defense
fund.

For more information about the
defense fund
click here.

Matching grant challenge! Donations matched one to one until Dec. 31st

All donations will be matched one-to-one until the end of December!
Dear Friend of Bradley Manning,
We’re writing today because we need your help to raise enough money for Brad’s trial expenses. We've had a generous donor offer to match the first $10,000 donated in December.
Please make a donation so we can ensure Bradley Manning has the best defense possible
when he goes to court.
We just finished a major hearing in Maryland. For the first time, Brad’s lawyer, David Coombs, presented
evidence that showed the abusive conditions Brad was held in for eleven months.
In court, Coombs showed that Brad was kept on enforced “suicide watch,” against the
recommendations of psychiatrists. This included solitary confinement with no access to sunlight,
eyeglasses and clothing taken away, and even extreme humiliation such as being forced to stand nude
for morning inspection. As Coombs stated:

"Brad's treatment at Quantico will forever be etched, I believe, in our nation's history, as a
disgraceful moment in time. Not only was it stupid and counterproductive. It was criminal.”
Thanks to your support - financial and otherwise - we’ve helped fund the legal defense that allowed
all of this evidence of torturous treatment to be submitted in pretrial hearings, giving Brad a real chance at seeing
justice.
Read more...

Help us continue to cover 100%
 of Bradley's legal fees! Donate today.