[Peace-discuss] Make you stop and wonder.

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sun Feb 5 13:49:54 CST 2012

Just saw this headline in one of the of the online news reports (rsn):  “US Elections: No Matter Who You Vote For, Money Always Wins.”

It brings to mind the old saying: “In a rat race, whether you win or lose, you are still a rat.”  And to be sure, US elections are a rat race.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America ?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.