[Peace-discuss] ...take money from rich people and give it to poor people...

Anthony Pomonis apomonis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:20:50 CST 2012

Murray's, "Coming Apart: The State of White America 1960-2010" is nothing
more than a childish rant calling for White America to save the nation
through discursive practice.
In it he proselytizes that what lower classes really need is proper
instruction, not money.
According to Murray, if elites were to simply talk the lower classes into
marrying, going to church, and attending art openings then they would be
able to pass on the "American Dream".

Of course, there are a few problems with this.  1--it is code for
assimilation  2--it is predicated on a moral, educated, principled base of
elites that are the result of a meritocracy  3--it presumes knowledge of
what is, and how to gain, happiness.

Great article, thanks for sharing.