[Peace-discuss] Mark Braverman visit & response

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 08:22:58 CST 2012

http://www.dailyillini.com/index.php/article/2012/02/speaker_detracts_from_purpose_of_peace_by_opening_discussion_for_antisemitism/?message=Comment%2Badded%2Bto%2Bmoderation%2Bqueue&type=notice#comment16282

I attended the discussion at the Urbana church on Saturday morning, and found Braverman to be well within the range of sensible approaches to pro-Palestinian activism. His theological approach is not my approach, but certainly is a valid basis for supporting BDS. Charges of anti-semitism against him are ludicrous. My comment on my experience at the discussion can be read at the link above.

Predictably, there has been a pathetic response from the hasbara crowd. But that should also be addressed, in the comments section, or in a letter to the editor.

David Green