[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Still angry about the NDAA?

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Mon Feb 27 12:48:45 CST 2012

I think the matter is somewhat more complicated - but no more
creditable for the administration.

The administration feared that the NDAA's involvement of the military
would recognize the rights of accused terrorists under the Geneva
conventions - which the Bush/Obama administrations worked hard to avoid.

Obama had already claimed vast unconstitutional powers - based on the
weak reed of the first AUMF - and he feared the NDAA would interfere
with them!

--CGE

Begin forwarded message: