[Peace-discuss] countering violent extremism (CVE)

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Jan 11 20:53:28 CST 2012

While preventing violent extremism is an issue of national importance,
it is one of many safety and security challenges facing our Nation.
As we enter an era of increased fiscal constraints,
we must ensure our approach is tailored to take advantage of
current programs and leverages existing resources.
Our efforts therefore will be supported, where appropriate,
by emphasizing opportunities to address CVE within available resources
related to public safety, violence prevention, and building resilience.

(from "STRATEGIC IMPLEMENTATION
PLAN FOR EMPOWERING
LOCAL PARTNERS TO PREVENT
VIOLENT EXTREMISM IN
THE UNITED STATES", brought to you by
your friendly neighborhood federal government,
the people who brought you the bailouts and
provide you with the endless war.)

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/sip-final.pdf

*

Truth is stranger than fiction.