[Peace-discuss] NPR denies fomenting war with Iran

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sat Jan 14 14:52:49 CST 2012

Ommmmmmmmm...budsman.

wikipaedia sez:  The origin of the word is found in Old Norse umbuðsmann
(accusative)
and the word umbuds man, meaning representative (with the word
umbud/ombud meaning proxy,
that is someone who is authorized to act for someone else, a meaning it
still has in the Scandinavian languages)

in other words, an apologist or "toady".