[Peace-discuss] Pepe Escobar on Iran (regime change and petro-currency); and, Peace Action: We won't wait for the bombs to drop (and Pepe Escobar article)

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:44:03 CST 2012

A good article from Pepe Escobar on Iran -- regime change and
petro-dollars --

http://www.alternet.org/world/15380/regime_change_in_iran_the_real_motivations_behind_sanctions
<http://www.alternet.org/world/153804/regime_change_in_iran_the_real_motivations_behind_sanctions>

I'd first seen on Al Jazeera several years ago the suggestion that
recent belligerency against Iran was motivated by, not the prospect of
nuclear whatnot or any threat to Israel, but the prospect that Iran was
considering switching from dollars to euros as their primary oil trading
currency.  Escobar suggests here that a global shift away from the
petrodollar is likely this year.

For a gripping & whimsical view of oil, money, and power (including why
it matters if oil stops being traded primarily in dollars, and why Iraqi
oil access may well have been the trigger for WWI, among other things)
see this video from activist Rob Newman (robnewman.com)
<http://www.robnewman.com/>:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5267640865741878159

Meanwhile, hoping to throw sand in the gears of our 1%'s warmongering
against Iran, Peace Action is collecting signatures --