[Peace-discuss] Fw: DFA Grassroots All-Star

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 10:13:35 CST 2012

For peace-loving friends not already of David Gill's e-list... --Jenifer

--- On Sun, 1/22/12, Debra Schrishuhn <deb.gillforcongress at gmail.com> wrote:Good morning, Jenifer.

Will you take a moment to help us get David Gill into the Top Ten?

Here's the pitch for the Democracy for America (DFA) Grassroots
All-Star contest. Dr. Gill, progressive Democrat running for U.S.
House in IL-13, is moving up--last night he moved from 48 to 16! We
can push him into the Top Ten, but you have to do two things:

1. Go to the DFA web site (see link below) and vote for David Gill.

2. Ask your friends by email, facebook, and twitter to do the same.

This helps us network and expands David Gill's visibility. If he ends
up in the Top Three, DFA will actually help the campaign. And it's all
up to you.

Thanks,
Deb

In a post-Citizens United world, corporations and the 1% can spend
unlimited money to buy elections.

But that doesn't mean our democracy is dead. Around the country, candidates
who fight for the 99% are mounting people-powered campaigns to take back
Congress.

Just look at Elizabeth Warren's tremendous money bomb yesterday. She raised
over one million dollars in a single day -- not because of large donations,
but because of people like you and me pitching in $5 or $10.

Grassroots support for progressive candidates is going to win out over the
barrage of money and negative ads.

That's why we're excited to launch our Grassroots All-Star Campaign to
highlight how many strong, progressive candidates are running.

*Who's your pick for 2012 Grassroots
All-Star?*<http://act.democracyforamerica.com/go/1453?akid=1637.1566078._DWzid&t=1>

Corporations and the 1% may have unlimited funds, but the candidates
running these people-powered campaigns have a more valuable resource --
grassroots supporters.

DFA's endorsements are always driven by our members and now we're asking
you to tell us who you think should win our biggest endorsement of the year.

We're looking for the best progressive candidates to defeat Republican
incumbents and win open seats across the country -- *Nominate your favorite
candidate to win Grassroots All--Star
now.*<http://act.democracyforamerica.com/go/1453?akid=1637.1566078._DWzid&t=2>