[Peace-discuss] demo in the heat - shall we cancel?

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Fri Jul 6 13:45:53 UTC 2012

Hello all,

The forecast for tomorrow afternoon is to be even (slightly) hotter than
the last few days have been, with a high of 104, and heat index around
113 - and hotter still in full sunlight.

So: I'll suggest we cancel this Saturday's demonstration.    What do
people think?   If others would like to be there anyway, Karen and I
would be game.  (If so, maybe we could cut it short - one hour, 2-3pm,
instead of two.)

Proposed decision rule: if nobody says they're gung-ho about it by say
early afternoon today, then we can just announce that it's not happening
this month
(or that this month's demo was the 4th parade).