[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Fw: My Experience in Cuba

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Mon Jul 23 01:36:11 UTC 2012

Not quite yellow journalism but heavily spun.

Just south of the China Agriculture University there is a delapidated
community
called Xiao Jia He that is being torn down.  Lots of small brick
buildings being knocked
down.  Nothing historic about it just cheap storefronts etc.

Anyway it looks like some sort of war zone or natural disaster.  My
friends and I have been thinking to take some pictures of it and
make up some sort of story about the Recent Earthquake or Tornado or
something like that.  "Due to Government Cover-up, Few people know about
the earthquake that
has struck northwest Beijing."

Beijing is in the flat plain and surrounded by mountains on 3 sides.
Its generally sort of dry high pressure zone lots of sunshine but
occasionally flooding.  The flood last year may have been bigger.

It rained hard all day a couple of days ago.  The basement in our apt
complex had
standing water in it.  We live on the 16th floor so it was only a bit damp.

I have seen the water up to the hub of the bicycle wheels on the lanes
in China Agr Univ back in the 90s.  it runs off pretty quick but
can get deep temporarily.

more later