[Peace-discuss] Fw: [OccupyCU] Fwd: [cchcc-l] Gov. Quinn Announces State-Federal Partnership Health Exchange

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigsqq.org
Sun Jul 29 22:38:12 UTC 2012

Distractions are a way of buying time and can be a way of accelerating
the demise
of a failing opponent by wearing him out.

Your news media in the US is not about to report that there is effective
health care
for the people in Cuba, a poor country run
by a leadership that Amerikans have been told to hate.

Although I think the reason for this news release is likely the drive
toward some
disingenuous goal of opinion shaping, there has been in the past couple
of days
this information about how there aren't going to be enough doctors if
everyone has
access to health care.  This  news release seemed to be everywhere but the
newyorktimes had this graph:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/29/health/policy/too-few-doctors-in-many-us-communities.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
<http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/29/health/policy/too-few-doctors-in-many-us-communities.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>

Although I am certain that I should not trust the motives of this
propagandizing,
there is a nugget of truth inside it.  (No dog will take the poison
unless there is
some good meat mixed in with it.)

I would agree that one part of the problem is that there are not enough
doctors.  I also
don't think that ten-year-trained doctors are needed to triage the
everyday problems
that people go to the doctor for.  An team of less-expensive-to-train
medics and paramedics could successfully
process simple cases, leaving the higher level doctors freed up to
examine the more difficult cases.

There should be more options for self treatment, a massive reduction in
the number of drugs controlled by
prescription (which is in general a thin excuse to rip off the
consumer), and a massive downscaling of the
cost of the facilities in which medical care is provided.  Sanitation
and cleanliness are important.
I am not suggesting that we need drive-thru surgery where the doctor
operates on you in
the privacy of your automobile, but the palaces that have been
constructed for the gods of medicine
are really much more than what is needed to provide effective health care.