[Peace-discuss] [SDaS] 4th of July / AWARE's twist on the theme is "Celebrating the World's Youth" / help on the idea, please

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigsqq.org
Tue Jun 12 22:24:07 UTC 2012

I suggest an extremely graphic and provocative display of live children
with bloody bandages
and horrible simulated burns and  wounds.

American soldiers with skull masks in desert storm camo and boots
stomping them
  and pointing guns with bloody bayonets.

You can get intestines from the slaughterhouse in Forrest or Ivesdale to
display the eviscerations.
  Maybe the costume shop on first street has fake guts.

Some of the children could wear masks representing death and zombied
corpses.
I am sure there are some awful masks available with eyeballs hanging out
and such.

A bloodied dove like the one in Scarfe's "Goodbye Blue Sky" (from "The
Wall") might fit in somewhere.

At the front of the float a tall female figure
a caricature of the Statue of Liberty
with a lurid dayglo green mask with a big dollar sign on it
and holding a bloody Scythe and a Black Book with the word "Why?" on it.

A boombox playing Joy Division's "The Day of the Lords"...
/...through childhood through youth
     I remember it all
     I've seen the nights filled with bloodsport and pain
     and the bodies obtained, the bodies obtained, the bodies obtained
     Where will it End?
     Where will it End?/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BP-LIntM6c

The audience should encounter the smell of war not just this cute acting
and simulation.
Fifty pounds of wet soybean meal inoculated with  an handful of fresh
dog poop and
rotted in the back yard for a few days should
sufficiently mimic the malodour of decaying bodies.

A small fan to blow the stench of death toward the crowd.

Overall a message of accusation that YOU out there,
  who support the carnage and cruelty
with your taxes,
and with your lack of outrage,
do indeed bear Full Responsibility for what
is happening to the World's Youth.

on the tail  of the float, a question

"Where will it End?"

just my idea.... someone can surely add to it.