[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] [SDaS] 4th of July / AWARE's twist on the theme is "Celebrating the World's Youth" / help on the idea, please

Colan Holmes colanholmes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 23:25:12 UTC 2012

My opinion: I think the audience may be more responsive to positive
messages, or melancholy, than an outright challenge.

My idea: Have some of the local anti-war vets march quite solemnly at our
front, with the photos of comrades who have been lost because of war,
followed by any children that join us dressed in a mix of camo and
tie-dye/peace facepaint, carrying faux flowers and playing together.

We would need a sign or two that says "keep our youth free from war (+
website [this is outreach, right?])".

The contrast would be striking, and make it really hard to deny the
desirability of a world without war.

I have some kid fatigues, know some kids who may want to come and blow
bubbles and such, and we all know local vets.

What do you think?

Solidarity,
Chandler