[Peace-discuss] Letter from Alice Walker to Publishers at Yediot Books Withholding Permission to Publish "The Color Purple" in Hebrew until Israel changes its policies toward Palestinians

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 03:29:30 UTC 2012

A perfect example of non-violent resistance. and perfect timing, too -- my book club just read and discussed CROSSING MANDELBAUM GATE: Arabs and Israelis from 1956-1978 (Kai Bird), and I know our members will be thrilled w/ Alice Walker's position, and for her unequivocal explanation as well -- powerful!. Thanks for sending it.