[Peace-discuss] David Gill gets one thing right

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigsqq.org
Thu Jun 21 18:33:04 UTC 2012

I am fairly ignorant about Cuban doctors.  I havent been to Cuba
and have not met any Cuban doctors.  I am aware that many of them have
come to the US because of the vacuum in the US.

The life expectancy in Cuba is similar to that in the USA.
Cuba has quite a few more doctors per capita and operates on a far lower
budget.

Maybe you have some opinion about Cuban doctors?

I usually compare doctors to veterinarians which accounts for my
generally low opinion of doctors
in general.  I have met some very good doctors in the USA, though, and I
went to a doctor not a vet
to get my rabies shots.  (Whether my rabies shots worked or not is open
for discussion...)

I think that the number of graduate doctors in the US is kept low as a
matter of policy.
Some would say that it is to maintain quality.  Surely no one should
believe that shit.
It's the "unseen hand of the market", in this case, the sleight of hand.

The level of knowledge required to treat your common maladies (colds,
flu, enteritis, etc) and assess your general health is
not the same as that required to tie off a bursting blood vessel inside
yer skull or reattach your hand
after its encounter with a radial arm saw or externally adjust your
malfunctioning endocrine system.
The US system likes to drive thumbtacks with a high-tech sledgehammer
because it makes money to do
that way, and the perception has been sold to the people with stunning
effect.