[Peace-discuss] Message to Obama on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 18:58:49 UTC 2012

Here's my message to Obama/the White House:A wonderful statement from President Jimmy Carter today. It's what I want for my country and the world, what Obama has done to ruin so many things. It explains why Obama has lost his base and will probably lose the election.  In case you missed Carter's statement, here's an excerpt:"At a time when popular revolutions are sweeping the globe, the United States should be strengthening, not weakening, basic rules of law and principles of justice enumerated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. But instead of making the world safer, America's violation of international human rights abets our enemies and alienates our friends.As concerned citizens, we must persuade Washington to reverse course and regain moral leadership according to international human rights norms that we had officially adopted as our own and cherished throughout the years. "And here's the link to Carter's entire op ed in yesterday's
 NYT http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/25/opinion/americas-shameful-human-rights-record.html?_r=1