[Peace-discuss] lick the boots of thy masters, you worm.

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 26 22:57:05 UTC 2012

...O, when degree is shaked,
Which is the ladder to all high designs,
Then enterprise is sick! How could communities,
Degrees in schools and brotherhoods in cities,
Peaceful commerce from dividable shores,
The primogenitive and due of birth,
Prerogative of age, crowns, sceptres, laurels,
But by degree, stand in authentic place?
Take but degree away, untune that string,
And, hark, what discord follows! each thing meets
In mere oppugnancy: the bounded waters
Should lift their bosoms higher than the shores
And make a sop of all this solid globe:
Strength should be lord of imbecility,
And the rude son should strike his father dead:
Force should be right; or rather, right and wrong,
Between whose endless jar justice resides,
Should lose their names, and so should justice too...

--Ulysses, Troilus and Cressida [I, 3]

Brooks makes it clear that we've just got to start regarding more
sympathetically that talk of the Führerprinzip from our great-
grandparents' time.

After all, we have Decider with a Kill List...

--CGE