[Peace-discuss] 4th of July planning & signmaking - Saturday 4pm (or later), on north campus?

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 01:47:50 UTC 2012

If anyone has time to work on them, let's try another July 4th
sign-making session ...

*this Saturday*, after the Occupy demonstration (which is 2-4 at
University & Wright St near Provena)
    starting *around 4pm* (coming later is fine too, I at least will be
there awhile)
    at *1205 W Clark St*, the NCSA building (*Clark and Mathews*, on
north campus,
      just south of the parking structure that's on University and
Mathews/Goodwin)

It'll be locked, so please call to get in: 369 3485 (or let me know when
to expect you).
It's cool inside!  We'll have some materials.

This is the building where I work.  If driving, you can park free on
Clark St, a half block east -
just across Goodwin, next to WILL Studios.  (There are closer spaces on
Clark St,
though they have parking meters which you need to pay on Sat.)

Last week Rohn, Don and I talked through some of the options.  We'd like
to make a banner
that says something like, as Rohn suggested,

     Making a future without war for our youth

I don't think we'll have access to a trailer this time.   If someone
would like to drive a car,
perhaps we could stretch a banner across its front.  Otherwise we can
just march with it.

And, at Monday's GA, some people discussed ideas for signs on other
topics - for example,
if we're going to celebrate our youth, how about making health care
available for them?

I know this is really disorganized... sorry... still, I hope we can make
some signs we'll enjoy marching with.