[Peace-discuss] ***Spam*** Re: Conyers Urges Obama to Nominate Jeff Sachs to Lead the World Bank

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Mar 8 20:08:29 UTC 2012

Yes, as I wrote in my piece, that is the default and the status quo,
not just for this Administration, but for every other.

We're trying to make the status quo more controversial in the case of
the World Bank nomination. If they nominate Summers or Geithner, we
lose. But if they nominate someone who is not a Wall Street/Treasury
robot, it's a partial victory. I think a partial victory is plausible.
Putting Jeff Sachs into play raises the bar somewhat.

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org