[Peace-discuss] "Kony" propaganda

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 19:55:36 UTC 2012

Driving down Race St., I spotted at least six fliers tacked to lamp posts and telephone poles. They concern "Kony 2012," a campaign with which by now you are familiar.  The flier shows a depiction of Kony, behind which are depictions of Bin Laden and Hitler.

You know where I'm going with this. This is a humanitarian fad at best, a propaganda campaign at worst, and a propaganda cover for U.S. foreign policy at the worst of the worst. So far, I'm only surprised by the fact that I haven't found any evidence that the Israel Lobby or Jewish organizatons are behind it, like they were with Darfur.

I ripped off every flier I could find, about 6. You should do the same. Our children should be educated about American crimes in the world, not the sensationalized and decontextualized crimes of others, no matter how many Hollywood celebrities are involved. Even if Oprah is involved. Especially if Oprah is involved.

DG