[Peace-discuss] Follow-up on Kony

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 14:30:44 UTC 2012

Last week the Attorney General gave a talk at Northwestern, justifying presidential decisions to kill people. The News-Gazette this morning asserts that that right of a president to kill people is a no-brainer.

OK, the campaign for Kony is to "capture" him and have him tried by the ICC. Is this "judicial process," or is this just "due process"? Is it like Israel's "targeted killings" in Gaza, or more like an American soldier's rampage in Afghanistan?

It seems to me that the Kony campaign is just another (if more calculated and manipulative) way of being out of control, and unaccountable to anything remotely legal or moral. Kind of like Kony himself, I guess.

DG