[Peace-discuss] re write-in for states atty

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 18:10:54 UTC 2012

Re Julia Reitz:      It's unfortunate that we use the term State's Atty instead of Prosecuting Atty - they're synonymous terms, but the former makes it seem like she should be neutral, and that's NOT what her job description is.
     Reitz said (during a presentation years ago) that from the beginning of law school she alway wanted to be on the prosecution side- rather than the defense side of the law. Why should we penalize her b/c she married someone who shares her law and order values? Aren't we supposed to marry someone who shares our values??     Serious Q: Is there something specific about Reitz that makes her a poor choice for State's (aka Prosecuting) Atty??
--- On Tue, 3/20/12, Karen Medina <kmedina67 at gmail.com> wrote:On today's ballot, I am going to write in a lawyer for State's
Attorney: Ruth Wyman.

Aaron has called for people to NOT vote for Julia Rietz for Champaign
County States Attorney. She is running unopposed and on the democrat
ballot.  There are many reasons for Aaron's request. I will just point
out her obvious conflict of interest: Ms. Rietz's husband is a police
officer.

Ruth Wyman is not running for State's Attorney, but write-ins never
win. I just like the idea of Ruth being the State's Attorney.

-karen medina