[Peace-discuss] Action Program of United National Antiwar Coalition

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Thu Mar 29 04:06:58 UTC 2012

[I suggest AWARE endorse this program (as formally as AWARE ever does)
- and distribute copies of it as the flyer for our April 7
demonstration. For more information about it, see  <http://blackagendareport.com/content/unac-real-anti-war-movement-belly-beast
 >. --CGE]

DRAFT ACTION PROGRAM

United National Antiwar Coalition

National Antiwar-Social Justice Conference

March 23-25, 2012

Stamford, Connecticut

ACTION PROGRAM PART I

WE, THE NINETY-NINE PERCENT, AFFIRM THAT:

The history of all successful social movements demonstrates that the
few, the one percent, NEVER yield to the MANY unless the MANY are
organized democratically, independent of the institutions of the
status quo, united in struggle in massive numbers and confident in
victory.

Abolitionist Frederick Douglas said:

“Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never
will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you
have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be
imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with
either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed
by the endurance of those whom they oppress.”

In this spirit, we rededicate ourselves to the struggle against all
U.S. wars at home and abroad.

We, the 99 percent, demand that the government of the United States,
the self-appointed cop of the world, the imperialist, neo-colonial one
percent, who live and profit at the expense of the world’s people:

End all wars, interventions, targeted assassinations and occupations!
U.S. out of NATO and all other interventionist military alliances!
No to targeted assassinations around the world and no to violent
attacks in countries where the U.S. is waging undeclared wars.
Bring all the troops, mercenaries, war contractors, death squads and
military “advisors” home now from Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan,
Colombia, Haiti, Cuba/Guantanamo and Korea. U.S. troops out of the
Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe!
No to the U.S.-backed military coup in Honduras!
End all threats of war and intervention against Iran and Syria! No to
sanctions, blockades and embargoes!
No to the U.S. troop build-up in Australia and threats of intervention
in the China Sea!
Close the 1,000-plus U.S. military bases around the world!
End U.S. aid to dictators everywhere! Hands off the Arab Spring! End
US military aid and weapons exports to the Egyptian military! Stop the
US-initiated military build-up in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Yemen
and other regimes working to crush popular democratic movements in the
Middle East!
End all U.S. aid to Israel, military, economic and diplomatic! End
U.S. support to the Israeli Occupation of Palestine! Self-
determination for Palestine! End the Siege of Gaza!
Compensation and reparations to the peoples of the world whose
countries the U.S. has attacked, destroyed, occupied and impoverished
– to the victims of the trans-Atlantic slave trade – to the
communities of the oppressed and exploited!
Shut down the military-industrial complex and the biological and
chemical warfare complex!
Starting with the U.S., the world’s greatest nuclear power and the
only nation in history to use nuclear weapons on innocent populations,
abolish all nuclear weapons! End all drone attacks! No to the
militarization of space!
We, the 99 percent, demand: Bring our war dollars home now!

$Trillions for jobs at top union wages, quality housing, education and
universal single-payer health care for all!
Bail out the people, not the banks and corporations! Tax the rich not
working people! Stop all government attacks on trade unions! No to
union-busting, layoffs and cutbacks! Reverse and end all foreclosures
and evictions!
No to U.S.-mandated G8 and G20 national and international austerity
drives to pay for the world economic crisis brought on by the one
percent!
We, the 99 percent, demand: No to Militarization of U.S.!

No to the use of the U.S. military to intervene in labor disputes on
the side of the employer – as happened during the 1970 postal strike
when U.S. soldiers attempted (unsuccessfully) to break the strike!
Pass the Employee Free Choice Act and Repeal the anti-union Taft-
Hartley Law – to end unfair restrictions on the right of workers to be
effectively represented by unions!
No to the growing federally-sponsored militarization of police forces
in many cities and states. No to the increasing control of local law
enforcement by national police agencies such as Homeland Security,
ICE, the DEA and the FBI. No to distribution of military weapons and
drones to local police forces and national agencies.
No to all military intervention on U.S. soil. Repeal all provisions of
the National Defense Authorization Act that allow indefinite military
detentions without charges or trial.
We the 99 percent demand: Civil liberties for all!

Reverse the coordinated nationwide crackdown on the Occupy Wall Street
encampments and allow all occupiers to safely return to their protest
sites.
Stop the 300,000 yearly deportations of immigrants! No human being is
illegal! Full legalization now! No to “guest worker” programs! End the
militarization of the borders! Tear down the border walls! No to use
of drones by police for border surveillance and control of citizens
within this country!
No to Islamophobia and racism! No to the modern-day McCarthy-era “War
on Terror.” No to the “national security state!” No to indefinite
detentions, renditions and torture! Repeal the Patriot Act, the Anti-
terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act and all other encroachments
on fundamental democratic rights and civil liberties/due process/
habeas corpus!
No to the victimization of Muslim and Arab American communities! No to
the 700,000 FBI/ICE-threatening “knocks on the door” since 9-11! No to
the 40,000 detentions of Muslim and Arab Americans! No to the
thousands of arrests, pre-emptive prosecutions and frame-up
imprisonments!
No to FBI intimidation of antiwar activists, to Grand Jury witch
hunts, subpoenas, FBI break-ins and threats of prison! End the
persecution of the 24 victims of FBI repression!
Stop infringements on the right to peaceful assembly and protest! End
government restrictions on the exercise of constitutional rights! End
police spying, physical attacks, tear gassing, pepper-spraying and
other forms of brutal treatment and arrest of peaceful demonstrators!
We, the 99 percent, demand: End racist attacks on the Black, Latino
and Native American communities!

No to the criminalization of Black, Latino and Native American youth!
No to the racist, slave labor, increasingly privatized-for-profit
prison-industrial complex! No to the racist “Stop and Frisk” policies!
No to police brutality and murder! No to the re-segregation and
massive defunding of public education and social services!
No to the racist attacks on voting rights! No to the racist death
penalty! Affirmative action to end racist inequality and unemployment!
We, the 99 percent, demand: End the destruction of the environment!

No to the oil wars to further line the pockets of the one percent
while deepening the climate crisis and environmental destruction that
threatens all humanity!
Trillions for sustainable energy research and development! No to tar
sands extraction, fracking and environmentally destructive pipelines!
No to deforestation and destructive mining and logging!
Starting with the U.S., the world’s leading nuclear power nation,
close all nuclear power plants! The U.S. has no standing to compel
other nations, like Iran, to close their nuclear facilities.
No to the war machine, the number one producer of greenhouse gasses!
We, the 99 percent, demand an end to government cover-ups of its
heinous and criminal deeds!

End the threats of prosecution of Wikileaks leader Julian Assange! An
informed society requires the right to know the truth about secret
government warmaking, assassination plots, violations of international
law, secret treaties and death squad murders! Full accountability of
the military, financial and industrial criminals for their illegal
acts against the people!
Free ALL political prisoners! Free Mumia Abu-Jamal! Free Bradley
Manning! Free Lynne Stewart! Free Leonard Peltier! Free the Newbugh
Four! Free Tarek Mehanna! Free Aafia Siddiqui!
ACTION PROGRAM: PART II

We, the United National Antiwar Coalition, will:

1) Build national protest activities in Chicago in May, 2012, during
the NATO/G8 Summit meetings held in Chicago. These actions will be
UNAC’s central organizing priority for the spring. Action components
include:

a) Build a nationwide Chicago march and rally on Saturday, May 19,
against the NATO/G8 summit meetings called by the Coalition Against
NATO/G8 War and Poverty Agenda that will incorporate the demands in
Part I of this Action Proposal.

b) Organize a national civil liberties campaign to secure from Chicago
and federal officials the right to a permitted, family-friendly march
and rally in Chicago, in sight and sound of the NATO/G8 summits, on
May 19. We demand that our protest be free from police repression,
spying, police provocations and “laws” that restrict our civil
liberties.

c) Organize a Chicago People’s Summit educational conference.
(Tentative date: May 12-13, 2012).

2) Support May Day (May 1) actions demanding immigrant and labor rights.

3) Support the call from Occupy Washington, D.C. for a March 30
national gathering of Occupiers across the nation.

4) Support the Committee to Stop FBI Repression in its fight to end
government harassment. Withdraw all Chicago Grand Jury subpoenas of
the 24 antiwar and social justice activists and return all confiscated
materials.

5) Participate in antiwar/social justice protests at the August, 2012
Republican National Convention in Tampa and at the September
Democratic National Convention in Charlotte.

6) Call for and build October 2012 local and regional protests to mark
the eleventh year of the U.S. war against the people of Afghanistan
and the Guantanamo-type mass incarcerations and torture at Bagram Air
Base.

7) Support the November 2012 School of the Americas protests in Fort
Benning, Georgia.

8) Support actions to close Guantamamo Bay and other “secret” prisons
that practice torture and participate in rendition and indefinite
detentions and oppose targeted assassinations.

9) Call for and support united emergency protests in the event of
threats of war or when war is initiated.