[Peace-discuss] Can AWARE add themselves in?

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigsqq.org
Sun May 13 23:35:46 UTC 2012

Tamms is in an economically depressed area with little industry other
than agriculture
and agriculture employs very few people.

Illinois does not provide an environment
conducive to industrial employment and business development, so it is
quite unlikely
that any new employer will come into the area.  The general policy and
theme for the past 20 years has been
that "you won't make Widgets in southern Illinois".

So if you close Tamms prison you will put people out of work, and you
will put them out of work rather permanently,
which will raise significant opposition against your principled cry
against incarceration, torture,
the Police state, and the legal-law enforcement-penal industrial complex
of authoritarian worms.

You may be doing the right thing in one sense, but you will be creating
another
problem in damaging the commensal/co-parasitic relationship between Big
Brother
and the impoverished Tamms area.

You can de-worm the horse and kill all the worms almost instantly.  But the
if the infestation is heavy, the gut will look like hamburger after the
worms detach and
the sudden removal of the worms may likely
result in the sudden demise of the parasite's host.

Likewise, closure of Tamms will decimate the local economy.  We can agree
that the idea of prisons sucked from the beginning.  But the inmates are
not the
only ones in prison.