[Peace-discuss] In Chicago, Afghanistan and Iraq Veterans Put NATO's Endless War on Trial

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon May 21 16:48:16 UTC 2012

When the history of our time is written, people will try to explain to
each other how the country in which only one member of Congress voted
against a blank check for endless war in Afghanistan (and beyond) in
2001 became the country in which the majority of Republican voters
were against the Afghanistan war.

When the history of our time is written, people will try to explain to
each other how the country in which leading Democrats provided crucial
support for taking the country into a fraudulent war in Iraq became
the country in which Connecticut voters would expel Joe Lieberman from
the Democratic Party for continuing to support that war, the country
in which having opposed that war became a litmus test for getting the
Democratic nomination for president.

When people try to explain to each other that transformation in
American life, the experiences of veterans who served in Afghanistan
and Iraq will take center stage.

More than two million Americans have served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
CNN and Fox can focus on what they want, but you can't hide the life
experiences of two million people indefinitely.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/nato-summit-protests_b_1532837.html

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director