[Peace-discuss] 2:30 Sat Nov 10: anti-war poetry readings, including Tim Bagwell, Vietnam vet and conscientious objector, and Aaron Ammons

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 21:28:43 UTC 2012

Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW) and Anti War, Anti-Racism Effort
(AWARE) invite you to an anti-war poetry reading to commemorate
Veterans' Day.

Date: Saturday, November 10
Time: 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Place: The downstairs Family Room (School for Designing a Society space)
           Independent Media Center, 202 S. Broadway (Urbana post office
building)
           Enter by the stairs leading down on the Elm St. side.

We are delighted to have as our featured guest Tim Bagwell
<http://bagwellantiwarpoet.wordpress.com>, long-time activist with
Vietnam Veterans Against the War in Bloomington, Indiana, conscientious
objector, and a well-known poet who has read his work throughout the
Midwest.
Read his poems at http://bagwellantiwarpoet.wordpress.com
or watch a video of Bagwell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9wqH6sN5s

Tim will be joined by local artist Aaron Ammons, author of two poetry
anthologies and convener of the local Speak Cafe, a monthly event
celebrating Black Power with hip-hop, song, poetry and other spoken word
art forms.

Please come out, enjoy the poetry and re-commit to ending war.

Light snacks will be served.

For more information, contact Scott Kimball of IVAW scttkmbll at gmail.com
<mailto:scttkmbll at gmail.com> or Stuart Levy of AWARE
stuartnlevy at gmail.com <mailto:stuartnlevy at gmail.com>

It's especially appropriate that this will be held in the Grandpa
Wahlfeldt Family Room, named for the late Robert Wahlfeldt, a veteran
who became a fierce and outspoken opponent of war. Thanks to the School
for Designing a Society for inviting us to this space.