[Peace-discuss] [SDaS] Could we legally shut down the IMC?

Rohn Koester rohnkoester at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:41:17 UTC 2012

I disagree -- I don't think the next move belongs to the IMC. You just
proposed the end of the IMC -- by any legal means, if I interpret your
message correctly -- and were enlisting cohorts to help you, even imagining
that "we" could use bureaucratic harassment to accomplish the task.

It's not clear to me from your message that you knew that an elected IMC
board of directors exists, meets regularly in public session, and has
discussed the issue of Leon McGee's sexual assault charge, which alleged
crime occurred on September 21, 2012. (The details of the alleged crime are
a matter of public record and have appeared in the News Gazette -- anyone
who cares to know about it can read about it.)

You wrote "I've become convinced": can you explain the process that led you
to be convinced that quite possibly the most progressive, racially
inclusive space in Champaign County should be scrapped? The last time I was
at the IMC was for a post-Unity March discussion about race and policing,
and it certainly didn't seem like Lord of the Flies to me.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Robert Naiman <naiman at justforeignpolicy.org