[Peace-discuss] Irrelevance of the US election

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 15:55:41 UTC 2012

Dear friends,

I've become convinced that the DEMOCRATIC PARTY has become a kind of Frankenstein
monster, a clear and present danger to the community. I've also become
convinced that there is little realistic prospect that the DEMOCRATIC PARTY will
reform itself to become a responsible and accountable institution,
answerable to the community in which it resides.

The reason I have become convinced of this is that, unlike other
community institutions, when something bad happens in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY, there
is no clear address for responsibility and accountability. If a bad
thing happened in some other community institution, there would be a
clear address for complaint and redress. You could call the Executive
Director. You could contact someone on the Board. Responsible people
would tell you what their plans were for redress. There would be a
meeting of responsible people, empowered to take action. The meeting
would discuss: why did this happen, what can we do and what will we do
to try to stop this from happening in the future. But when something
bad happens in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY, there is no meeting of responsible people,
empowered to take action, for the simple reason that there can't be.
There's no such thing in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY as a group of responsible people,
empowered to take action. Because this is the case, there is a culture
of impunity in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY. And this is intrinsically dangerous to the
community. If the Urbana police announced, "in this three block
radius, we are no longer going to enforce the law," that would be
intrinsically dangerous to the community. That hasn't happened in this
case, of course. But there is a culture in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY of being above the
law and beyond accountability, and that is intrinsically dangerous to
the community.

Therefore, since effective reform of the DEMOCRATIC PARTY seems impossible, I have
come to the conclusion that legal avenues should be explored to force
the DEMOCRATIC PARTY to shut down.