[Peace-discuss] A note on tonight's AWARE meeting

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:54:21 UTC 2012

Thanks, Carl! The naming of my brother's malady will certainly help
find a cure.
Also, the distinction between the two confusing terms is extremely helpful.

What is the term for those who do not recognize the work that needs to
be done right now? Last evening, in a conversation after AWARE,
someone asked us "What is there to do AFTER an election?"

My instant reaction was to say, "democracy!"
Why do people think that voting is the end of their responsibilities?
That one minute in a public place behind a curtain -- is that the
totality of each person's responsibility?

PEOPLE are dying. People are KILLING. Drones are flying. War IS
happening. War is BREWING. Foreign policy is terrible, and domestic
policy follows.

-karen medina

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM, C. G. Estabrook <cge at shout.net> wrote:
> The inability to recognize vegetables = "lachanagnosia,"
>
> not to be confused with "Lacanagnosia" = the inability to recognize the late Jacques-Marie-Émile Lacan (1901–1981), the French psychoanalyst, or his brother, a Benedictine monk.
>
> --CGE

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain