[Peace-discuss] Oliver Stone - Untold History of US on Showtime

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Fri Nov 16 21:57:43 UTC 2012

It is really a* *quite interesting interview and promises to be a great
series.
I had heard something of it a few weeks ago because of some of the
principles expounded upon.

    *STONE*: ...people will hate us more for doing this, and we’re
    invading the sovereignty of Pakistan and Yemen and so many
    countries....the United States is acting with impunity. But the
    bigger issue is simply that there has been never—in the history of
    empires, and they’ve all fallen, no one has a monopoly on any weapon
    ever, and whether it’s the atomic bomb—was copied—or the hydrogen
    bomb. Or, in this case, Predator drones will be made by other
    people, and they will be coming this way or to our—we have 800 bases
    around the world under this empire that we’ve created. So, we’re
    very vulnerable. In most of them, we’ve created hatred and a desire
    for revenge.

    *PETER KUZNICK:* And it doesn’t work. That’s the other point, that
    when we started our drone attacks in Yemen, there were 300 members
    of al-Qaeda there; now there are 700 or 800 members. It backfires,
    these policies. We just make people hate us. We refer—the CIA
    operators who target people in Pakistan refer to them as
    "bugsplats," the people who are killed there. To the Pakistanis,
    those are human beings. To the operators here, they’re bugsplats.
    That’s the attitude.

*

What's that about sowing and reaping?

Your bad karma will catch up with you?

*

/
“Without *Spam*, we wouldn't have been able to feed our army.”
/- Nikita Khrushchev