[Peace-discuss] What I Learned On This List

David Gehrig david-cu at nukulele.org
Sat Nov 24 16:13:40 UTC 2012

Ah well, I tried. And it's been enlightening.

Here’s what I’ve learned. When encountering Holocaust denial in one's
own community for the first time -- and encountering it on the left
not the right -- the proper response, according to replies from the
list of the self-proclaimed anti-racism organization, is to do the
following "anti-racist" things:

(a) begin with a fusillade of gratuitous and off-topic insults aimed
at anyone, you know, actually bothered by Holocaust denial

(b) immediately change the subject to, say, the JFK assassination

(c) immediately change the subject to, say, Norman Finkelstein

(d) immediately change the subject to, say, South Africa

(e) immediately change the subject to, say, 9/11 trooferdom

(f) immediately change the subject to, say, Israel

(g) immediately change the subject to any other damn thing under the
sun but (h) smother any on-topic discussion of that Holocaust denial
as an instance of racism in our community and (i) tell the one who is
offended by the racism that *he’s* the bad guy.

This is anti-racism?

I believe there are many good people on this list. Yet the replies I
got were off-topic spiraling whatsits from David up-is-down Green and
a pair of Johnsons. If firemen fought fires the way these guys fight
antisemitism, CU would be ashes.

@%<