[Peace-discuss] What I Learned On This List

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 14:57:15 UTC 2012

OK David Gehrig,

Here is my feeling about holocaust denial in the context of recent
discussions on OccupyCU.

I do not feel threatened by a known crank who expresses it in a forum
that doesn't represent me.   It just seems too outlandish to take
seriously - like an Obama birther fanatic, or an evil version of a flat
earther.

I feel *much more* threatened by a full-throated supporter of Obama's
neoliberal economic policies, or of Amnesty International's express
support of NATO occupation in Afghanistan (!), or by someone who
dismisses human influence on climate change.   Those points of view seem
much more dangerously seductive.   I don't know anyone who'd be seduced
by holocaust denial.