[Peace-discuss] A Community Response to Domestic Violence Rooted in Social Justice

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 22:01:48 UTC 2012

Hey fellow activists!

Tonight there will be a discussion of how we can organize to address
domestic violence in our homes and communities in a way that places women
of color and other marginalized and oppressed groups at the center.

*Hot Topics Dialogue: A Community Response to Domestic Violence Rooted in
Social Justice*
Tonight 7pm-9pm | Women's Resources Center (703 S. Wright St. MC-302 2nd
Floor, Champaign, IL 61820)

Hot Topics Dialogues is a series hosted by the Women's Resources Center and
the YWCA on campus. Hot Topics seeks to provide a space for dialogue on
gender and other social identities and social justice--and occurs every 2nd
and 4th Mondays 7-9pm. Refreshments will be provided. Event is free and
open to the public. Co-sponsored by the Gender Action Network and the
Champaign-Urbana Chapter of the American Association of University Women
(AAUW). Should you require any additional accommodations (assistance with
food and seating, large print programs, ASL interpreter, visual/audio
assistance, etc.), please contact us at your earliest convenience.

I hope I'll see you there!

Warmly,
Rachel