[Peace-discuss] (no subject)

DAnne Winston winston4recorder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 18:33:52 UTC 2012

* *

* ** ** ** Wanted D'Anne Winston for County Recorder:   *Please watch the
public debate on LIVE on CGTV on *Wednesday, October 24th at 8:30 pm* and
be an informed voter.
also,...

Let’s scare up some votes for* D’Anne Winston
*Hosted by Tricia Avery
*Saturday, October 27, 2012
12:00 noon to 2:00 pm
Independent Media Center
202 S. Broadway #100, Urbana*
*
*Parking garage location on the northeast corner.
Please send donations to: Friends for D'Anne Winston, P. O. Box 8791,
Champaign, IL 61826-8791.

 and,

October, 2012

Dear Friends,

My name is* D’Anne Winston* and I am running for the Office of *Champaign
County Recorder*.  This office is responsible for recording, indexing and
maintaining sensitive documents.  Plats, deeds, and military records (just
to name a few) are filed and can be retrieved, at your request; in a form
that fulfills all of the requirements of a legal copy.  This process has
not changed since the founding of our county in the early 1800.

However, technology has. Having access to information is key to a thriving
community.  Our current recorder has run unopposed for several terms and
has failed to provide the updates needed to make this possible.

 As your Champaign County Recorder, I would like to provide the
professional service needed for this office.  I want to offer an easier way
to view and search for documents on line without third party billing to
view public documents.

When the housing market crashed, many good families became victims of the
banking industries manipulation of the policies and the private industries
need for greed.   Stories like the “Linda Green” came out where major banks
sent assignments of loans to document signing “sweatshops”.  Everyone
employed by them had the name Linda Green and *all* held the title of Vice
President of Ally/GMAC, Bank of America, Citi Bank, JP Morgan Chase or
Wells Fargo.  This environment of forged and fraudulent documents forced
many families out of their home, and cause huge financial loss for their
future.

While I was not able to determine the exact number of homes in Champaign
County affected by this activity, the Attorney General directed me to the
National Mortgage Settlement which was announced in February 2012.

As Recorder, I will keep families updated on the changing housing market
and keep the much needed revenue in the county.  Have you noticed how many
vacant homes are in the area?  I know that it is more than documents, it is
families.

My opponent has been complacent throughout her 4 terms; even to the point
where she fails to update the public on information during difficult times.

**
 I come with the endorsements of State Representative, Naomi Jakobsson and
Champaign County NAACP President, Patricia Avery; both were former
Recorders for Champaign County.

I will not be able to make this possible without your support.  Please vote
for me on November 6, 2012.
* *

Sincerely,
* *