[Peace-discuss] Why we should vote (& much more) against Obama

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Wed Oct 24 17:18:05 UTC 2012

This morning brings a pro-Obama piece from a former head of the Mossad (NYT 10/24) - showing that, against Republican charges, Obama's down with the fanatical government of Israel - and this shocking encomium from one of his intellectual bodyguards, Bobby Reich:

"...I kept wishing Obama would take more credit for one of the most successful foreign policies of any administration in decades: not only finding and killing Osama bin Laden but also ridding the world of Libya’s Gaddafi without getting drawn into a war, imposing extraordinary economic hardship on Iran, isolating Syria..." <http://www.nationofchange.org/obama-commander-chief-romney-banal-bully-1351087653>.

Translation: "success" means

(1) assassination ("multiply violating elementary norms of international law," as Chomsky said);

(2) illegal war (contrary to the War Powers Act, as pointed out in a court suit by Congress members, including our own);

(3) immoral sanctions (similar to those imposed by Clinton on Iraq, which admittedly killed a half million children); and

(4) imposing civil war on an Iranian ally in association with Salafists (as the Carter administration did in Afghanistan)...

It's enough to make one vote for Romney - if he didn't propose simply more of the same.

Instead, it shows that the reversal of the shameful Obama military (and economic) polices will have to come extra-parliamentarily, like civil rights and anti-Vietnam war victories.

Elections are a distraction - and meant to be, by the 1%.

--CGE