[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] They let us choose between a child-killer and a job-killer

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 29 16:17:35 UTC 2012

On 10/29/2012 10:18 AM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> ...and we're corrupted by voting for either.
>
> In Illinois, the Green party's candidate, Jill Stein, is on the ballot, and one could write-in Rocky Anderson (Justice party), who's been impressive in the third-party debates.
>
> The third-party vote in Illinois will probably make more of an impression than abstention.
Yeah, abstention is not an option unless one just doesn't care, in which
case they probably aren't on any of these lists anyway.

I would note that a number of people have cited a belief that the
overwhelmingly negative tone of politics in recent years tends to drive
down voter participation, i.e. abstention.

I would like to think that we each of us does everything we possibly can
to avoid such an impression...
Mike Lehman