[Peace-discuss] Fw: I don't want any doubt [Michael Moore msg]

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 18:41:40 UTC 2012

Reminder: Mitt Romney wants to end FEMA, transfer burden to states, or better yet, privatize it (along w/ everything else).

--- On Tue, 10/30/12, Michael Moore <moveon-help at list.moveon.org> wrote:

MoveOn member—We're all sending our thoughts and prayers to everyone recovering from the storm. Progressives in affected
areas may not be able to make calls today due to Hurricane Sandy. So it's on the rest of us, elsewhere in the country, to
redouble our efforts—that's why we've set a goal of making 25,000 calls today. Can
you join in?

We only have 7 days left to recruit enough volunteers who can make sure swing state voters know what's at stake in
this election, know how to vote, and know their rights at the polls. Can you spend 15 minutes calling MoveOn members today?

Make some calls!

Help the Red Cross respond to Hurricane Sandy. Make a donation to help provide relief to
storm victims.

Dear MoveOn member,

I don't just want Mitt Romney to lose on November 6th—I want there to be no doubt about it.

See, if this race ends up as close as the polls say it will, Republican voter suppression and intimidation could make
all the difference—the difference between a second Obama term and all of us getting used to saying "President
Romney."

I don't want to get used to that. Do you? And we don't have to.
If we all step it up this week and hit the phones to recruit volunteers, we'll win by enough to overcome the Republican effort
to steal the election.

You can help by making election calls to other MoveOn members in swing states and key districts and recruiting them to
volunteer to help get out the vote. Can you join in?

Yes, I can make a few calls today.

I was born in an America where, because of race or money, many people couldn't vote. I never thought we'd go back to that,
but that's exactly where today's Republican Party is taking us. They passed racist voter suppression laws in key states,
they've run ad campaigns to scare people in low-income neighborhoods out of voting, and now they're training activists by
the thousands to intimidate progressive voters at the polls on election day.

So let's win big. Let's make sure no state comes down to a handful of votes. Let's make sure this election doesn't get
decided by  the courts—especially not the Supreme Court.

I'm going to be out there every day between now and the election making sure voters know what's at stake, know how to go
vote, and know their rights at the polls.

I like saying "President Obama." I don't want to learn anything new. Please, join in before it's too late.

Can you make a few calls to MoveOn members in swing states and critical districts this week?

Yes, I can make a few calls to help recruit volunteers.

Sincerely,

–Michael Moore

P.S. This week I've produced something very special with MoveOn.org—a
new video where members of our Greatest Generation explain how they've done their part to preserve this country's values,
but that now it's our turn. They're very...direct. You definitely shouldn't watch it at work (and if you're easily offended,
you might want to skip it, or watch the bleeped version here).
Please check it out—it brings this home in a way I guarantee you've never heard before.

Want to support our work?
                We're entirely funded by our 7 million members—no
                corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our
                tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way.
                Chip in here.

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to Jenifer Cartwright on October 30, 2012. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.